Posted by David Lusk and Scott Cole on March 15, 2013
It seems that no matter where in the world a business operates, it isn’t escaping pressures on the people side of the business.
This is the 19th year we have surveyed employers’ priorities for their rewards programs, but it is the first year we have included international employers. This year the Top Five Global Employer Rewards Priorities Survey includes responses from employers in 27 countries in the Americas, Asia Pacific, and EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa) regions. Despite sharp differences in economic, political, and geographic challenges among the regions, survey responses showed much less variation in employer concerns about the following challenges:
- Attracting, motivating, and retaining employees
- Aligning Total Rewards strategy with business strategy and brand
- Motivating staff when pay increases are flat or non-existent
- Controlling the costs of employee benefits
- Realizing appropriate ROI from reward expenditures